How endovascular treatment from your cardiologist in Orlando, FL, can help you
Endovascular treatment has revolutionized cardiology, providing an option which is minimally invasive, so you can get back to your life more quickly and easily. Your cardiologist is an expert at endovascular treatment and can help your heart work well, so you feel your best.
Dr. Pradip Baiju at Heart and Vascular Care in Orlando, FL, provides a wide range of cardiology services, including endovascular treatment.
Endovascular procedures are designed to provide treatment inside the blood vessels. A small incision is made, usually on your hip, to gain access to blood vessels. A thin fabric tube known as an endovascular graft, which is framed by stents is inserted into your arteries, using a catheter.
Endovascular treatment is an effective treatment for an aneurysm. Your cardiologist may recommend testing including a CT scan and angiography beforehand to make sure endovascular treatment is the right choice for you. Endovascular procedures can also be used for:
- Angioplasty, which helps widen arteries that are narrowed because of disease
- Stent placement, which helps keep a blocked artery open
- Repair of holes and other structural defects in your heart
Endovascular treatment offers many important advantages compared to open surgery. Consider that endovascular treatment:
- Is minimally invasive, with much smaller incisions
- Is more comfortable than conventional surgery
- Is less stressful for your heart with less risk
- Is easier for patients who have underlying conditions
- Has a shorter recovery period so you can get back to your active lifestyle
- Requires only local or regional anesthesia instead of general anesthesia
Endovascular treatment is the innovative, non-invasive way to protect and repair your heart, helping you live a long, healthy life.
To learn more about the benefits of endovascular treatment and how it can help you, call Dr. Pradip Baiju at Heart and Vascular Care in Orlando, FL. You can reach him in the office by calling (407) 730-8970, so call now.