Visits to your cardiologist in Kissimmee, Longwood and Orlando, FL, Dr. Pradip Baiju of Heart and Vascular Care, help you protect your heart health and control vascular disease. Do you know when you need to see the heart doctor?
Reasons you need to see your cardiologist
Give the cardiologist a call if you experience any of these issues:
- High Blood Pressure: Your Kissimmee, Longwood or Orlando, FL, heart doctor treats many types of vascular disease, including high blood pressure. Blood pressure refers to the pressure of the blood against the walls of your arteries. If the pressure is consistently too high, the blood vessels can become damaged, which makes the heart work harder.
- Shortness of Breath, Extreme Fatigue, Dizziness, Palpitations: These symptoms can occur due to a problem with the rhythm of your heart. Clogged arteries could also cause these symptoms.
- High Cholesterol: When your "bad" cholesterol level is too high, plaque begins to build up in your blood vessels. The fatty substance reduces the amount of blood that reaches your heart. If you don't change your diet or take medication to reduce your bad cholesterol, you may be more likely to develop atherosclerosis or coronary artery disease.
- Atherosclerosis or Coronary Artery Disease: Have you been diagnosed with atherosclerosis or coronary artery disease? Regular visits to the cardiologist will help you reduce your risk of heart attack and stroke. Atherosclerosis occurs when plaque causes the arteries to thicken or harden throughout your body. Coronary artery disease happens when the arteries that supply blood to your heart narrow due to plaque.
- Leg or Arm Pain, Numbness or Weakness: These symptoms could be due to peripheral artery disease (PAD). PAD occurs when the arteries that send blood to your arms or legs become blocked by plaque. Other symptoms of PAD can include muscle cramps when using your legs or arms, cold feeling in your feet or legs, slow-healing sores, hair loss or slow hair growth on your legs, and erectile dysfunction.
It's also important to pay a visit to the heart doctor if you smoke and are concerned about your heart health, have a family history of heart disease, have been diagnosed with heart disease, suffer from diabetes or kidney disease, or want to make sure your heart is healthy before starting a new exercise routine.
Do you need help managing a heart problem or vascular disease? Call your Kissimmee, Longwood and Orlando, FL, cardiologist, Dr. Baiju of Heart and Vascular Care, at (407) 730-8970.